Trimethyl chlorosilane is a colorless and transparent liquid with a irritating odor. When exposed to the air, it can easily react with moisture to produce hydrogen chloride. Silicon-halogen bond compound. Soluble in benzene, ether and perchloroethylene. It will hydrolyze when it meets water and release free hydrochloric acid. CAS: 75-77-4, molecular formula: C3H9ClSi.
Properties Colorless, volatile and flammable liquid.
Melting point -57.7℃
Relative density 0.8580
1. Due to the special activity of the silicon-halogen bond, a series of organosilicon compounds containing silicon-functional group structures can be synthesized, such as trimethylalkoxysilane, hexamethyldisiloxane, and hexamethyldisilazane. .
2. It can be used as a protective group for functional groups such as hydroxyl, carboxyl, amino and other functional groups. The reaction of attaching and removing trimethylsilyl groups has high yield, mild conditions and wide application range, and has been widely used in organic synthesis.
3. Some biochemical samples are reacted with trimethylchlorosilane to obtain silanized derivatives, which have high volatility, which enables the gas chromatographic analysis of biochemical samples.
4. Trimethylchlorosilane is used as a capping agent for organosilicon polymers, which can regulate the molecular weight of polymers, and is especially widely used in the production of silicone oils.
1. This product should be stored in a dry, cool place, at room temperature, avoid contact with acid, alkali, alcohol, water, etc., and the storage temperature is -40℃～40℃.
2. Avoid rain and sun when transporting this product, and store and transport as dangerous goods.